My research interests are in convex geometry, harmonic analysis and their applications. I have been working on questions related to sections and projections of convex bodies, on geometric inequalities, high-dimensional probability distributions and geometric valuations.
Grants and Awards
- Best Paper Award 2016 of the Faculty of Mathematics, Vienna University of Technology, November 2017.
- FFG (Austrian Research Promotion Agency) Career Grant, September-November 2014, €2,000.
- AMS-Simons Travel Grant, July 2013 - June 2015, $4,000
- AWM-NSF Travel Grant, May 2012, to participate in Phenomena in high dimensions in geometric analysis, random matrices, and computational geometry in Roscoff, France, $2,000.
- Fulbright Scholarship, German-American Fulbright Commission, August 2004 - May 2005.
- Universidad de los Andes, Assistant Professor, August 2018 - present.
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, Research Member, August - December 2017.
- Vienna University of Technology, Visiting Assistant Professor, September 2014 - July 2018.
- Mathematical Research Institute Oberwolfach, Oberwolfach Leibniz Fellow, June - August 2014, July-August 2015, August 2016, February 2018.
- University of Missouri, Postdoctoral Fellow, September 2011 - May 2014.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, August 2011, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA, thesis advisor: Gestur Ólafsson.
- M.S., Mathematics, August 2006, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA.
- B.S., Mathematics, May 2004, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart, (Fachhochschule Stuttgart), Germany, thesis advisor: Uwe Müssigmann.
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland, January - May 2003, Exchange Program with University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart.